As veterans in the Holiday Park industry, the Away Resorts management team predicted the importance of Search Engine marketing and in 2012 appointed Site Reach for our proven track record in ROI-focussed digital marketing.
Our SEO objectives
Site Reach were tasked with producing ‘above-the-fold’ Search Engine visibility for over 50 high-traffic keyphrases, targeting all relevant searches UK holiday destinations. In summary, we were asked to;
- Devise an SEO strategy for all 4 parks
- Roll out monthly updates to increase ranking positions
- Keep within the major Search Engines’ shifting quality guidelines
- Create quality, shareable content that attracts inbound links
- Implement cross-domain ecommerce tracking via Google Analytics
- Measure and report all ranking changes & Cross-channel performance
Our PPC objectives
- Lower the CPA for holiday sales
- Reduce the click budget, which had been spiraling out of control
- Improve the ROI on Mobile devices
- Implement a Remarketing strategy
- Implement Facebook Ads and Bing Ads
How Site Reach helped
Despite heavy competition from local operators and nationwide booking sites, Site Reach were able to reach page-1 on Google Organic for 90% of keyphrases within 12-months.
By the end of 2013, Organic traffic had increased by 52% year-on-year with PPC spend down by 20%. PPC profits up by a remarkable 122% thanks to an improved CPA. Site Reach’s outreach team ensured the brand continued to attract quality links from all over the web.
In 2014, we stepped up our Content Marketing strategy and Mobile strategy which boosted Organic traffic by a further 38% compared to the previous year. The PPC campaign again came under budget with an improved CPA for all holiday parks.
In 2015, the parks continued to dominate page-1 of the Search Engines – so we extended our advertising reach with Facebook Ads, Facebook Remarketing and increased the SEO activity to include more target keyphrases, all of which have propelled the ROI.
SEO, PPC, Remarketing and improved Socia Media strategy saw massive sales increases across the board. Site Reach’s Content Marketing strategy continues to move from strength to strength, with our recent analysis (May 2016) finding that our articles are shared on average 26 times. It’s looking like another cracking year for Away Resorts, who have exciting growth plans for 2017.